Here are answers to popular questions about our Choir. If you cannot find the answer you need, please write, telephone or email the appropriate person whose details are given on the ‘Contact Us’ page.
- What is the present membership of Torridge Male Voice Choir?
What does it cost to become a member of the Choir?
- The Choir has 30+ active members.
Where and how often do you meet for rehearsal?
- Annual membership costs £60 per year, plus single payments of £25 and £13 for the Choir Jacket and Tie.
Does the Choir sing with the four traditional male voice parts?
- At Woolsery Community Centre, every Wednesday evening between 7:45 & 9:30 p.m.
Where does Torridge Male Voice Choir perform concerts?
- The Choir sings music with four male voice parts, 1st Tenor, 2nd Tenor, Baritone and Bass.
How many concerts may the Choir perform in any one year?
- As our name suggests, the Choir sings in the Torridge area around North Devon and extending into North Cornwall. Concerts are also given further afield at selected venues.
Who is eligible to join Torridge Male Voice Choir?
- There are 20 - 30 concerts performed in any one year, although frequency and number is variable.
Does the Choir sing in competitions?
- The Choir is open to men of all ages, we particularly wish to encourage younger men.
I do not know what kind of voice I have for singing, does that matter?
- At the present time we do not sing in competitions.
I do not think I have a very good voice, others have told me so, does this matter?
- No, of course not!. Do come to a rehearsal and we will help you decide the range that best suits you.
What is the social life in Torridge Male Voice Choir?
- Whether or not you have a strong and powerful voice, it matters not. The beautiful sound made by a male voice choir happens only when many voices sing together in harmony. With regular use your voice and vocal range will improve.
- We actively encourages wives and partners to support and accompany us to concerts. We have an annual family dinner and every year the Choir spends an interesting weekend away at a pleasant location to relax and sing at a concert.